Dynamix will ship either RICOVIR-EM by Mylan or TENVIR-EM by Cipla, depending on your preference. Both versions of emtricitabine/tenofovir 200/300mg are US-FDA approved and have been validated using therapeutic drug monitoring by 56 Dean Street clinic in London (see FAQ for more info). Mylan’s product was approved by Health Canada on 31-July-2017. Cipla’s product has not been reviewed by Health Canada.
Note: the purchase platform of the website cannot be completed on a smartphone or tablet. Use a desktop computer. If using an Apple computer, do not use Safari or Netscape — use Google Chrome instead.
Currency and cost
The price is listed as $99 USD for TENVIR-EM (and a few dollars more for RICOVIR-EM), which at the time of this authorship, was $123.98 CAD. Click here for the current exchange rate via Google. There is also a “handling fee” of less than $7 CAD. These are the total costs which includes 90 tablets and express shipping to the USA via EMS. The website or your credit card company’s conversion rate may be slightly inflated compared to the base rate quoted by Google.
Create PDFs of your prescription and passport ID
You will need a digital copy of your prescription and the details page of your passport (for customs clearance purposes). A scanner is ideal, but a very carefully taken photograph using a smartphone may work — make sure that the lighting is good and that all information is clearly visible.
Most phones and scanners create images in .jpg format, but the shipper requires them to be in .pdf format. Use the free website tool JPG 2 PDF to quickly convert your files by dragging them in to the space that says “Drop your files here”, wait a few seconds for them to convert, then click Download below each file to save the pdf files to your computer.
How to order
On the linked-page above for either TENVIR-EM or RICOVIR-EM, use the drop-down box to select “3 Months Supply” of medication.
BEFORE you can add the product to your cart, click “Browse” select the digital (.pdf) copies of:
- your prescription
- the details page of your passport (the page with your name and date of birth)
Click “Add to Cart”
Click “View Cart” in the upper right corner
On the cart page, click “Proceed to Checkout”
Fill in the BILLING address with your actual Canadian residential/ billing address
Make sure the box is ticked that’s next to “Ship to a different address?”
Enter your SHIPPING address for your Point Roberts postal box as follows (do not forget to include your InOut Parcel customer ID# in the address!) e.g. with ‘John Doe’
Full Name: John Doe
Address: 145 Tyee Drive, ID# XXXXXX
City: Point Roberts
Country: United States
Phone number: YYY-YYY-YYYY
Click “create account” if you don’t want to have to upload your passport and enter all your info again the next time you fill your prescription. Enter a password.
If you do not create an account, you will not receive an email notification (with your tracking number) when your parcel has shipped
Click “Pay Online”
Write down the Order Number that is shown on this page. You will need it later.
Update 2017-Jul-17: Dynamix is no longer able to accept PayPal
Please note: a user has reported that some credit cards treat transactions using Exchange4Free as cash advances rather than purchases, which means that they may begin accruing interest right away (and do so until your full balance is paid off). If possible, pay off your credit card ASAP to avoid interest.
You will then be taken to the Exchange4Free payment gateway so that the US Dollar amount can be converted to Canadian Dollars and you can complete your payment.
- Here you will need to complete your information before being given the Canadian Dollar amount to pay :
- Country paying from – select Canada
- Payer type – select individual
- First Name – enter your first name
- Last Name – enter your last name
- Passport/ID number – enter your passport number
- Payment Method – select card transaction
- Transfer Reason – select pay invoice
- Invoice Amount – 99 for TENVIR-EM or 103 for RICOVIR-EM
- Payment Reference Type – select Invoice Number
- Payment Reference – insert your order number from the top of the page
- Email Address – insert your email address
- Country – Insert Canada
- Mobile number – enter your mobile number
- City – enter the city where you live
- Street Address – enter the name of your street and the number of your house/apartment/unit (if you live in an apartment or a unit please enter the number as 2-19 and not as 2/19)
- Postal Code – enter your postal code
Here is a example of what this screen should look like if completed correctly (though the price in CAD will be different because of the fluctuating exchange rate) Update 28Aug-2017: the Invoice Amount should say ’99’ to if you are ordering TENVIR-EM, or ‘103’ if you are ordering RICOVIR-EM
- Now click the GET QUOTE button ONCE only and the cost of your order in Canadian Dollars will be shown.
- If you are happy to proceed tick the 3 boxes under CONFIRM AND PAY
- Then click the PAY NOW button
- You will then be given a reference number and the Canadian dollar amount will appear and the credit card option will be selected. Click on the SUBMIT button.
- Now you will be able to enter your credit/debit card information and billing address in the normal way when using your card online before clicking PAY. Occaisonally you might be asked to join an “online verfication” system. Just continue on. Your payment is not complete until you reach the page with the large green heading “Payment Successful”.
- After completing your transaction you will receive an email as well as a text confirmation that your payment has been processed.
You have now completed the order process! It typically takes 8-14 days for the medication to arrive in Point Roberts.
**Troubleshooting payment using the Exchange4Free system:
-Most problems arise from using an incompatible browser on an Apple computer. Safari and Netscape are NOT compatible — use Google Chrome instead. The purchase platform cannot be run on an iPad, tablet, or phone. Use a desktop computer.
-If you are still having problems with payment, please contact:
|Tracey King | Exchange4Free Services Ltd Canada|
|Telephone:||+1 647 800 6743|
|Mobile:||+1 647 993 5511|
**If you do not receive a confirmation email/text that your payment has been received within 24h, it is likely that your credit card company has automatically blocked the transaction (how often do you buy things from Thailand, right?) Contact Tracey (above) to confirm this is the issue and/or call your credit card company to authorize the transaction. The phone number is usually on the back of your credit card.
Shipping and tracking:
If you created an account with Dynamix, you should receive an email with your tracking number when you order has shipped. If you did not create an account, then you can find your tracking number by going to their Facebook Group Time4PrEP – Dynamix International and using the ‘search this group’ function on the left side of the page to search for your order number.
Shipments can be tracked by entering your tracking number at https://www.17track.net/en/
**Questions/issues with the order process can be directed to the firstname.lastname@example.org